
On the bus going from the Dublin airport to our hostel.

Jillian and Nicole chilling out on the tour bus. Literally, chilling out! It was cold!

Kara and I were all bundled up!

Why not get hitched in Dublin?

Tallest structure in Dublin.

Government building.





It was Daffodil Day in Dublin. It was a fundraiser for the Irish Cancer Society. They were selling real daffodils and pin on daffodils.

Beautiful flowers.

Trinity College.

I was being studious.


Mama, you'd of loved the gorgeous trees.


There's not many daffodils to see in Italy, but Ireland was full of them!

So green and beautiful!

This bus/boat was for a land/water tour. Pretty cool.


The Dublin Castle was highly overrated. Most of it had been torn down or destroyed? Not sure but right behind it was an apartment building so it ruined the whole castle ambiance.


I only got one picture of the cool doors. We kind of forgot to walk back through the neighborhood.

Fish and Chips.

Does anyone have any "rubbish"?
(Be sure to include the Irish accent when saying)

Christ's Cathedral

The Irish sure were proud of their Guinness.




The Guinness Brewery. Apparently, it's just something you have to do if you're in Dublin.

The 9,000 year lease signed by Mr. Guinness. He was very
confident that Guinness would be a success.



Guinness: looks and tastes like tar. BLAH!

Messages from people to Guinness; I thought this was hilarious.

The view from Gravity Bar, which was the ending point of the Guinness tour.

Nicole made us walk to the Jameson Brewery so she could get some souvenirs.

We had to eat the famous fish & chips. It was delicish!

The room was so nice compared to the other rooms that we've stayed at on our trips. It had carpet, a hot shower, nice clean sheets, a space heater... I mean what more could we have wanted?

The outside of our adorable little "guesthouse". We had hot breakfasts and a TV in our room. I mean this is high class if you know how we've been traveling.

First view of the Irish coastline.

Some yacht club.

We saw three rainbows on Saturday.

This man was seriously about to go scuba diving; But it was freezing outside! I had my Northface Jacket, scarf, beanie, and rainjacket on and was still cold.


I know, I know this is a bad picture but the bus driver didn't stop here so I just had to take it from my seat. It was where
PS I love You was filmed.



It was so windy and cold! But it was so much fun! Ireland was gorgeous.

The road was so pretty too!





The bus driver told us that was where the Guinness family lives.



The top sign says Wicklow Film Tour because it was where all or parts of
Braveheart, Lassie, Black Beauty, Saving Private Ryan, PS I love you, Excalibur, and
King Arthur were filmed.


This was a lucky stone. You were supposed to rub it and make one wish.



The Monastic Chapel.

The tour guide told us that before 1720 the graves didn't have writing on them because most of the people couldn't read or write so it didn't matter.

I wouldn't mind being buried somewhere this pretty.








Can you tell I like rivers?

My favorite picture.







The rugby match between Ireland and Wales.

Sheep were everywhere. I guess that's why Ireland is famous for wool!

Shoo-Wee. Ireland was exhausting, so we took the bus ride back as an opportunity for some shut eye. My head kept falling down and waking me up though.

Because of the rugby match, Ireland was packed with Welsh people.

This lady was always a walking.

Pretty sunset.

The crazy crowded Temple Bar area.


Kara.

My friend Nicole had a bit too much to drink. The funny thing was the half of the group was already at the airport and were sitting upstairs looking out a glass window below at her laying down in the middle of the airport. I don't think she knew she was sitting & laying, right outside of the check-in line. In her defense, it was 4:30 in the morning.

The Dublin airport has lines from books written by famous Irish writers all over the wall.

We were so tired but still in good spirits. Not really sure why we had our hands on Kara's leg though?

Walking out to the airplane, as is the custom in Europe (for cheap airlines anyways).
1 comment:
haha, you tried guinness?! good for you! i can't believe that man was about to go driving... crazy. btw, how many countries have you been to so far? love you!
Post a Comment